The Program Associate supports both grant-making and scholarship processes in partnership with the Community Impact and Scholarship Officers. This includes providing back up to both roles, as well as taking ownership of portions of each process.
- Assists the Community Impact and Scholarship Officers in the processes they oversee to ensure the outcomes meet the Foundation’s goals. This includes recognizing opportunities for improvement and making suggestions to the appropriate personnel.
- Serves as a secondary point of contact for inquiries from student applicants as well as nonprofits. Prioritizes customer service and accurate, timely response.
- Supports the volunteers serving on grant and scholarship review committees by preparing materials to be mailed/emailed, preparing the meeting room, taking notes, and assisting with follow up or data entry resulting from the meeting.
- Maintains the integrity of all scholarship data at each step of its process. This includes the successful migration from the scholarship platform to an Access database and integration into the Foundation’s information management system. The highest level of attention to detail is necessary in this role.
- Assists in compiling final reports from all competitive and donor directed grant-making to ensure spending in accordance with the terms laid out in the grant or fund agreement.
- Attends school events and represents the Foundation as needed. This may include brief public speaking at awards ceremonies.
- Assists in maintaining and updating Chautauqua Grants website.
- Provides general office support and back up to meet the changing needs of a dynamic work environment.
- Associates degree
- Minimum of three years of office experience
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office software
- Can write clearly and communicate with various audiences including students, parents, nonprofit leaders and organizational volunteers.
Submit cover letter and resume as a PDF via email to: email@example.com by March 15.
What is the Community Foundation?
Established in 1978, the Chautauqua Region Community Foundation provides philanthropic guidance and community leadership while awarding grants and scholarships to organizations and students throughout the Southern Chautauqua County region.